If you are looking for an easy-to-use tool that can turn your photos and PDF files into interactive flip books or slide shows, WowBook, one of the most popular jQuery plugins on CodeCanyon, is for you. This premium plugin offers two realistic page-turn effects, complete with page-turning sounds, and it runs smoothly on all modern browsers.
Flip books created using the WowBook plugin are responsive and look good on both desktop and mobile devices. Furthermore, they support common touch gestures such as pinch to zoom.
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to add WowBook to a webpage and make the most of all the features it offers.
Using the library PDF.js, Wowbook can render PDF files with support for internal links, external html links, index and selectable text.
BETA: PDF SEARCH
WARNING: PDF rendering does not work on IE9 because the library PDF.js it’s not working on IE9
Comes with built in features to resize the book to adapt for different screens dimensions. Touch support (with pinch to zoom and double click to zoom). Responsive toolbar.
Easy to use:
Comes with 3 ready to use examples. Options to automatically create toolbar, table of contents, thumbnails, a responsive container and number the book pages.
- can render PDF files using the PDFjs library
- Single page mode
- Responsive single page mode ( for mobile )
- Cover bigger than internal pages
- Toolbar (with font icons)
- Table of contents
- lazy loading
- curl page corner on hover
- automatic thumbnails
- right to left support
- 2 realistic page flipping effects, one for hardcovers and other for regular sheets of paper.
- supports all major browsers
- doesn’t need flash
- easy to use: create your content using HTML and CSS.
- touch support (including pinch to zoom)
- Double pages
- Unclosable book (also known as book without covers)
- links work as expected: create a link to a page or a element inside the book, and the book will show the respective page
- support browser’s back button
- slideshow (with option for loop)
- keyboard navigation (configurable)
- mouse wheel navigation (configurable)
- plays a turning page sound in browsers with support to the audio tag
- automatic page numbering
- tool to help generate a image sprite for thumbnails